Sound reduction, also known as sound absorption or sound attenuation, is the act of reducing the general noise pollution in industrial, public and commercial areas. Excess noise can alter the experience and efficiency within an already noisy facility; therefore there are many benefits to reducing noise pollution on the industrial level.
Some of the benefits of reducing excess noise pollution are:
- Improvements to the overall efficiency of workers, employees and management. Making a work environment as comfortable as possible is extremely important for overall job satisfaction.
- Lowered possibility of hearing impairment for staff working in sound ridden areas.
- Improvements to overall concentration in the workplace for employees.
- Lowered blood pressure in various staff members, after excessive noise is reduced from the working environment.
- Limited structural issues with your facilities caused by heavy sound waves and disruption, preventing this damage will save your business lots of money in the long run.
There are many ways to reduce noise pollution both on an industrial and residential level. One of the most efficient ways to do so on the industrial level is by utilizing removable acoustic insulation jackets. Mechanical components throughout your facility are often the equipment that makes the most noise throughout the facility. Mechanical components like valves, compressors, steam traps, or large steam piping also require routine maintenance, which makes removable insulation necessary.
While able to reduce sound in your facility, removable insulation can easily be removed for maintenance or repairs and then put back onto your equipment. This is the biggest benefit to using removable insulation covers because you save money in the long term. It is still a possibility to use traditional hard insulation to help absorb sound, but removing them requires their disposal and replacement.
This is a waste of resources, especially because of how affordable and easy the alternative is. Therefore, it doesn’t make sense to use hard insulation in regards to reducing noise because removable insulation can complete the same goals with less negative consequences. The only circumstance when conventional insulation serves a purpose is when insulating equipment that does not require routine maintenance or inspection.