Thermaxx proudly helps schools across the country reduce their energy costs, improve indoor air quality and comfort, and increase the safety and effectiveness of their mechanical systems with insulation solutions. Contact us today to learn how your facility can see the benefits!
Covering exposed areas with insulation in school buildings will allow you to:
- Save on energy costs: Thermaxx insulation jackets use best in class, advanced, and highly efficient materials (including silicone, EJ1650, needled fiberglass, and Pyrogel XT-E aerogel) that offer superior thermal performance, allowing your school to save money on heating and cooling bills. By conducting a heat loss survey, Thermaxx can identify how much potential savings you might sees as well as clearly calculate your return on investment.
- Maintain ambient room temperatures: Insulation helps maintain comfortable temperatures in classrooms, offices, or common areas adjacent to mechanical rooms, which can be susceptible to high ambient temperature due to their proximity. Removable insulation prevents mechanical components from inadvertently overheating nearby spaces.
- Prevent burns: Reduce the risk of burns by covering exposed areas, like pipes and ducts. Your building maintenance and facilities team will have a much safer work environment upon installation. You’ll also reduce temperatures in hot spots throughout the building that may be adjacent to mechanical rooms emitting heat due to not being insulated.
- Reduce environmental impact: Reducing the amount of energy used by these buildings can help to reduce your school’s carbon footprint and affirm your commitment to running an eco-friendly institution. Thermaxx has extensive experience helping a wide range of facilities maximize energy efficiency in their buildings. Mechanical rooms are the best place to start your journey in reducing your school’s carbon footprint.
Building Components That Need Insulation
An often overlooked part of building construction, insulation significantly impacts the energy efficiency of any structure, including schools. Areas that require quality insulation include:
- HVAC systems: Insulating HVAC ductwork will help prevent heat loss, improve energy efficiency, and reduce costs.
- Pipes and plumbing: Hot water pipes and plumbing represent another key area where insulation can contribute to minimizing heat loss and improving energy savings. It can also prevent pipes from freezing and bursting during winter months, allowing institutions to stave off leaks and costly flooding issues.
- Boilers: Boilers provide energy to buildings by converting the energy stored in natural gas or propane into thermal energy. Insulation jackets keep the boiler at a steady temperature and prevent radiant heat loss while helping save energy and funds.
About Our Advanced Heat Loss Calculations
The first step to improving your school’s energy efficiency is conducting a thorough energy audit. This assessment will help us locate the areas where your building is losing heat so we can show you how to fix them. The next step is to quantify your investment returns so that you know exactly how much money you’ll save by making these changes. Our auditors will happily provide these numbers for you during the initial consultation at no cost.
Since no two buildings are the same, we will develop a custom solution by documenting:
- The makes, models, and sizes of your equipment
- System operation hours
- Current insulation levels
- Room temperature
- Present costs
Book Your No-Cost Energy Audit Today
Want to get a sneak peek into your school’s energy loss? Use our Heat Loss Calculator to estimate your potential savings after entering valve surface temperature, valve size, and heat loss cost — or if you’d prefer, have our experts do all the math for you. Our complimentary energy assessment service involves us coming to your school and helping you identify energy loss in your facilities so you can save money and lower your carbon footprint. Request a free heat loss survey to get started.